I don`t want learning,or dignity,or respectability,
I want this music & this dawn & the warmth of your cheek against mine.
Waihōanga provides more than just a beautiful location to be married in; it is a place where you can celebrate with loved ones your union over a few days with many feasts, swims in the river, walks through the bush, dancing in the large lounge, and stories around the fire circle. It is a place that you can create rich memories that are joyfully reminisced over for years to come.
"It is a place where you remember deeply who you are
and who you are wanting to be"
What Waihōanga Can Offer You....
- A wedding location that is uniquely NZ with rich bird song, clear streams and rivers, grass underneath your toes, warm stones as you run in for a river swim and a place to truly be your self
- Easy accessibility from both Palmerston North & Wellington, with an national airport based in Paraparaumu, Kapiti Coast and an international airport in Wellington
- A wedding venue where you can use your own creative ideas to create a unique personal atmosphere
- Options of an indoor or outdoor wedding
- An affordable wedding location that is sustainable & within your budget
- A fantastic wooden Lodge & cabins available for hire for a minimum of 2 nights, sleeping up to 34 people click here to see lodge information
- Unique separate accommodation for the wedding couple
- A great hall for dancing and celebrating
- A yurt for intimate gatherings
- Space for Marquees and other structures to be erected for the big occasion (see below for ideas)
- Ample room for camping, motorhomes and glamping (see below)
- There is a large kitchen available where you are able to self cater or be catered for
- Delicious Catering offered by Waihōanga around the wedding day (for the wedding meal itself it is up to you to find your own caterer)
- Large amount of space for parking
" Bless the food before us
The family beside us
and the love between us"
We understand how important the food is on your wedding day and over the weekend that you are spending with the ones you love.
If you have already crafted your menu plan and are wanting to self cater there is a kitchen available in the lodge which provides for up to 36 people.
The Waihōanga Centre offers delicious meals(click here for more catering info) but we don't cater for the wedding day feast.
You are welcome to invite an outside caterer to cater the wedding feast and any other part of your celebration.
TAYLOR & BELL TENTS
Glamping can offer a solution to having large numbers to cater to. The Waihōanga lodge sleeps 34 people but if you are requiring further unique accommodation Taylor & Bell offer a fantastic glamping solution for your overflow of family and friends
"We believe the best weddings are a simple affair that exude beauty, romance and relaxation and with the demand for rustic, outdoor weddings, glamping is the perfect option. Couples that are looking for more individualised weddings to represent who they are, can create a magical experience that will be remembered for years to come. Taylor & Bell Tents will help make your dream become a reality and do all the hard work so you don't have to."
To find out more information about hiring these unique tents please
Contact: Taylor & Bell
Stretch Tents Kapiti
If you are wanting to hire a marquee &/or canopies to create extra meeting space for your wedding gathering we have used Stretch tents out here at Waihōanga and they have worked well on our terrain.
To find out more information about hiring a stretch tent please Contact: Jason Young
Phone: 0800 462778 021 680 848
Once the lodge booking has exceeded 40 people, including day guests and people camping, it is the group’s responsibility to order a portaloo to be situated in the camping area. For numbers over 80 people, a second portaloo is required. The cost for a portaloo is approximately $140 + GST per weekend.
To find out more information about hiring a stretch tent please
Phone: 0800 5494566, 0275375156